Why it's more than a job
It’s quite simple – a happy and healthy workforce is more effective so it makes sense to us to invest in initiatives that support staff happiness, healthiness and well-being.
Health and well-being
One-stop health MOT including screening and advice on diet and fitness
Staff self-referral physiotherapy service
Help and support if you would like to stop smoking
Walking groups and cycle training
Fresh fruit and veg stall (Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham)
Staff support, including counselling service for personal and work-related issues
Restaurants offering a range of options for healthy eating and special diets
Meditation and mindfulness sessions
Great deals for great staff
It's not only physical and mental health we help you to look after. With a range of discounts and saving schemes, we can help with financial health, too. These are just some of the deals on offer for our staff:
- Discounts on holidays, travel and activities
- Discounted entertainment, including event tickets
- Money off at a range of hotels, restaurants and bars
- Health, fitness and beauty deals
- Save on shopping, with money off from a range of retailers
As well as local deals, employees can take advantage of huge savings on offer through national schemes like Health Service Discounts and Blue Light Card.
We know your time's important, so we have plenty of ways to help you strike the right balance between life in and out of work.
- 27 days’ annual leave (for full-time staff), plus bank holidays
- Additional leave allowance after 5 and 10 years' service
- Parental leave, including shared leave
- Flexible working options in many areas
Always dreamed of fitting a pre or post work workout into your schedule? Well you can, thanks to a range of health club deals and our on-site leisure club, The Morris Centre, located at QEHB.
- Heated swimming pool
- Swimming lessons
- Gym and personal trainer services
- Fitness classes
- On-site beautician and therapists
- Squash court and squash club
- Outdoor tennis court and multi-use court
- Dance studio
We're glad to be able to offer our staff a range of deals and discounts on travelling to and from work, and getting around the West Midlands and beyond.
Savings on bikes and equipment
Discounted travel passes
Shuttle buses between sites
Mums and dads can make use of the purpose-built on-site Busy Bees nursery at QEHB. The nursery has eight rooms and enclosed outdoor play areas.
There is also a Busy Bees nursery adjacent to Good Hope Hospital, and a number of packages with local childcare centres are available for our other sites.
Both Busy Bees nurseries were rated "Good" for the quality of their early years childcare in their latest Ofsted reports.
Staff can use the Government's tax-free childcare scheme to help to pay for nursery fees.
Working with the Trust, the networks aim to make positive change. Run by and for staff, these groups provide an opportunity for staff to connect, socialise, support each other, discuss relevant issues, raise awareness and reduce stigma. Networks include:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff
- mental health and well-being
- disabilities and long-term health conditions
- young people
To search for and apply for current vacancies at UHB, please visit our recruitment portal.Search and apply (opens in a new tab)